2017 Harvest



Friday, April 11, 2014

Sowing and planting

Today I got my flower basket out so this means it's flower planting day.


Since there are no frost warnings for next 2 weeks I decided that today was good day to plant my Ipomea and Sweet pea plants. I also sown more Ipomea, Amaranth, Clarkia and Cosmos bipinnatus.



Since Ipomea and Sweet pea need something to climb on I made little climbers. As soon as Ipomea reaches the wire I will remove them.


While I was planting Nero was also planting. I think he will never learn that bones don't grow in soil.


My garden vegetables are growing well. Peas are finally out. Yesterday they were still hidden under the soil and today they are showing their leaves.
 

Beets are also out.
 

 Even carrots are starting to show. I hope that bugs didn't eat too much of them.


 My lettuce is also growing so I had to pull out some of it. In the end my flower basket became my lettuce basket.


8 comments:

  1. Are you troubled with carrot fly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully no, but every year we have battles with big black grasshoppers.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how quickly your vegetables have come through last time I looked you were struggling with cold and hard earth. Your climate is so different to ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our climate is very moody. We are in the middle of Alpine and Mediterranean climate and changes are almost daily. That's why we only have 3 months when we can be sure there will be no frost, but if the weather changes then we get hail.

      Delete
  3. So lovely, I can't wait to see your garden full of flowers. Your vegetable plots look so stunning, all grow so well . Hey... you are so funny, Nero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also hope my garden will soon be full of flowers. Nero is the star of our garden :)

      Delete
  4. Nice to have some fresh green salad leaves for dinner. I thought you should have a land climate but as I see you can even put your Ipomoea already outside. We still have to wait until the middle of May to plant out our tender annuals,but your vegetables are doing wonderful already.
    Snarf sometimes digs up old bones of years ago, dogs are such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have to wait till middle of May too, but this year is really weird and warm so I decided to plant now and if frost comes I'll just cover them with glass jars to protect them.

      Delete

Every comment is appreciated ♥ Thank you ♥