2017 Harvest



Friday, March 28, 2014

Seedlings progress

This week has been really windy and cold. We jumped from 30°C to 5°C with occasional rain. Good thing about this weather is the garden soil is finally wet and I was able to sow my peas, carrots, parsley and onions.  Bad thing is that it's just too cold for my seedlings. That's why we had to hide all the seedlings inside the house and make little improvised greenhouses to keep seedlings from cold and wind.


Seedlings are progressing well. They are getting bigger every day. Soon I'll need more room for all the seedlings and if the weather doesn't get better I have no idea where will place all our pots.





8 comments:

  1. All look so fresh and so stunning. You have so various veggies and flowers. I can't wait to see your garden progress. Now, I should transplant some seedlings to bigger container, also transplant the germinated seeds on to individual pots. But the weather and my daily chores make me delaying the transplating time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always hated not having the time for replanting seedlings. That's why I now sow them in huge pots and don't have to touch them till they are ready for garden.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes apparently our spring is experiencing hot flashes :D

      Delete
  3. Seedling are looking healthy, I keep mine at home as the weather has been cold here as well. We had a frosty morning a week ago, hail stone and it is still cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hail stone :( I'm always afraid of it. At least your seedlings are still safe.

      Delete
  4. Nice seedlings you've got there!
    I haven't planted my tomatoes yet, but my peppers look the same as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Pepper seedlings are growing like crazy this year. I have no idea why. Usually they are the moody ones.

      Delete

Every comment is appreciated ♥ Thank you ♥