2017 Harvest



Sunday, March 2, 2014

Fighting with clutter

Every spring I have the same problem. Clutter everywhere.
The whole winter I collect plastic cups, containers, saucers, milk cardboards and other things that I need for planting. That's why my garage looks like a dump.


I try to organize everything but since I plant a lot of seedlings I need lots of containers and it's just impossible to store everything neatly.


The worst thing is that people that never grew their own seedlings can't understand this collecting and think that you are crazy and messy. Still my mess makes me happy cause I know that this mess will help me grow new seedlings.
My container stack is getting smaller because I've started sowing vegetables and flowers.


I've sown leek, cabbages, kale, zucchini, watermelons and kohlrabi


I've also sown tagetes, zinnias, aster, ageratum, snapdragons and calendula


My order came yesterday, 4 new varieties of tomatoes: Gold medal,  Black seaman,  Tiny Tim,  De Barao yellow 

I've also bought Chioggia beet, Double mixed Clarkia, Morning glory mix and Pyrethrum


I've got mix of vines for my fence. The bag contains Morning glory purple, Cobea, Sweet pea, Nasturtium and  Cypress vine.


I think I've got all the seeds I need for this. All I have to do now is plant and enjoy.




11 comments:

  1. You are getting going with your sowing - we are still holding back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gardening season ends in October so I have to start as early as I can.

      Delete
  2. Such fun to start sowing again and you have so many seeds to sow. I feel pretty comfortable when I see your clutter, because in my greenhouse it is also very messy at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lot of fun but also lots of stress...I always forget to sow something.

      Delete
  3. Great job sowing all those seeds! My clutter consists of stacks of nursery pots that I've been collecting over the years. Thankfully, it's all out back where I don't have to look at it often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have my clutter hidden somewhere, but there is no room to hide it :/

      Delete
  4. You seem to be on track with your sowing. I haven't started yet but must do so soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to sow my tomatoes and that's everything, rest of the seeds goes in the garden.

      Delete
  5. I know the pain with messy garage! I have pots everywhere too! I'm curious about the watermelon-how succesful is it to grow it in your garden? Would it be an idea to implement in my plannig?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get 3-4 watermelons from one seedling. You can plant them too but choose sugar baby type of watermelons. They are around 1 kilo and ripe quicker then the rest of the watermelons. Water them every day and they will grow like crazy. Big watermelons need lots of room, water and sunny days so they are difficult to grow if you don't have a big field for them.

      Delete
    2. I will definately try it this year. Thank you for the advice!

      Delete

Every comment is appreciated ♥ Thank you ♥