2017 Harvest



Saturday, July 20, 2013

Harvest every day

It came that time of the year when every day is harvest day. Yesterday I went and harvested everything I could.
I got home with few tomatoes, peppers, carrots, zucchini and 2 ,8 kilos of blackberries.


Since it was a good harvest yesterday I thought I wouldn't have many things to harvest today but I was wrong. Today I got home with 1,8 kilos of blackberries, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and 1 kilo of french beans.


With the amount of vegetables and fruits that are growing everyday it also came the time for food preserving.
Yesterday we made Wild berry syrup
I used all the currants, raspberries and some blackberries. I got 7 bottles of syrup. It should be enough for now. We are still collecting blackberries. We freeze them till we get enough to make more syrup...or jam. I think I'll make some jam this year.


 And today it was sour pickles and peppers day.
I got 3 jars of pickles, one jar of peppers and 2 little jars of chili peppers.


Tomorrow who knows what will come next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated ♥ Thank you ♥