2017 Harvest



Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Weeding

Today I've spent my morning weeding. It was the time to do it...weeds were bigger than plants. There are 12 beds in my garden( not counting the potato one that is the size of 3 beds) and I planned to clean all of them today. I will be busy tomorrow with other things so I wanted to do as much as I could while I had time. Well my plan went wrong(like always).

I cleaned up 5 beds, or better said I cleaned up the sunny part of the garden.


While I was weeding I had company. A little ladybug decided to walk on my back so I took her and she posed for a photo like a big star.


The truth is she's a very lucky ladybug. Usually when I feel something walking on me I try to slap it off, but this time for some reason I didn't. I left her on my lavender flower. I just love having ladybugs in garden.

Also while I was working I noticed that my zucchini plant is having little zucchinis. There are 3 or 4 of them.


I didn't know how weedy my garden was till I finished with my 5 beds. I have a basket full of Couch grass for my bunnies and a bunch of grass that will have to go to compost.


I still have a day of weeding, if I'll have time I'll do this tomorrow when I finish harvesting peas. They are already ready for second harvest.

4 comments:

  1. Your are lucky to have ladybugs! Currently we are under attack of mosquitoes :( They're everywhere and anytime. I can't weed out my garden because they won't let me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cause of all the water you had. Curiously this year we don't have a lot of mosquitoes. They are probably over there enjoying the water around your garden. :D :D

      Delete
  2. The trouble with weeds is that they just keep on coming back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, and there is more of them every time...I swear they multiply just to give us something to do.

      Delete

Every comment is appreciated ♥ Thank you ♥