2017 Harvest



Monday, June 24, 2013

Stuffed tomatoes salad

                             Stuffed tomatoes salad
                          (aka. Clean up your fridge salad)

Past few days we had some really extremely hot weather. And while it's too hot outside my family doesn't like to eat cooked food. So I made one of my favorite salads. Stuffed tomatoes or as I like to call them I'm cleaning my fridge salad.

Basically all you need is some tomatoes, fresh cheese( or cream cheese) and everything you have in the refrigerator.


Hollow out the tomatoes. They should be bigger and firm( it's easier to work with them).Save the tops of tomatoes and cut the rest of the filling in small bits.

Mix together fresh cheese, leftovers from tomatoes, and anything you like. I mixed in some ham, some dried sausages, 1/4 of onion and salt.
You can also add some hard cheese, pickles, cooked peas, beans, meat...anything you like.


Stuff the tomatoes with the filling


Put the caps back on the tomatoes any leave them in fridge for at least 2 hours.


My family loves this salad. It's refreshing and light.

In the end I have a question for all the people that grow celery. How big does a celery plant get?


Last year we planted a celery plant in our front yard to get seeds from it. But this monster is growing like crazy. It has flowers but it's still growing. Right now it's 5'3" (160cm) and it doesn't seem to have any intention of stopping.
How tall will it get before I will be able to get seeds)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated ♥ Thank you ♥