Papercrete pots are really easy way to make your own pots that don't cost much, look like they were really expensive and they are great for plants.
When I've made them I've used this recipe:
- Tear newspapers or any kind of old papers in small pieces
- Leave them in a bucket of water overnight
- The next day mix the papers. Mixed papers should look like oatmeal. I've used my dad's drill with a tool to mix. Place the papers in food drainer or something with holes to get water out and leave at least 12 hours.
- To get papercrete mass take a cup or pot to measure how much papers you have. The amount of papers should be equal to amount of cement you'll place inside the mixing pot.(If you have 6 cups of paper mass then you need 6 cups of cement)
- Mix the mass and than take the pot you want for your model. You can do your pot by modeling papercrete inside your pot or outside. The only difference will be that one will be smaller and other will be bigger.
- Before you start making your pot cover your modeling pot with oil or pig fat, that way you'll be able to get the model pot off easier. Make little holes on the bottom for the water :) or don't if you plan to plant something that likes water
- When you finish your pot leave it to dry at least 24 hours. You'll see if it is too wet(it should be dry like real concrete) than leave it extra 12 hours. Or till it dries.
- When it's dry remove model pot and then sand off sharp edges
- That is it. You can paint them if you want or leave it like it is
Before I've painted them they looked like this
And like every time Nero decided he should help me paint them :)
For painting I've used dark red concrete paint
It's easy to use. You only need to add water to it. Also you can wash it down with water before it dries, so it's great if you get it all over your hands.
Also I've used blue metal paint that I've found between our paint cans
All I did was paint them in red and then add a blue stripe on every pot. This is how they look when they were finished.
And I think they fit pretty good on metal stairway
While I was painting (and it wasn't too long) Nero was changing positions watching me
In the end he decided I was too boring for him :)
After I've painted everything it was time to feed our bunnies. Remember sweet little fur balls. Well they are not so small anymore.
When I enter they are scared so they don't want to get out.
But really soon they get nosy
After their mom decides if it's safe to walk around they all come out
You didn't think this could go by without Nero did you? :)
He's nose is everywhere :)
Today I've went to collect elderberry flowerheads. Of course they were to high for me to reach them.
I'm really getting frustrated. I can't pick anything I want cause I'm too small for it :( And like always the best flowers were really high.
And the ones I could reach are the small ones :(
While I was almost crying Nero seemed to be interested more in grasshoppers than his hysteric owner :/
After a lot of pounding and words that are not for a girls mouth I've managed to collect 60 flower heads
And some of them are really big
I've sunk them in water and they will be like that till tomorrow.Then I'll make syrup and leave you a recipe to do it yourself :)
It took me a long time to write this today so I got an evil look from you know who :) and yes that is a bone on my bed. Just don't ask :)