2017 Harvest



Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Introducing my garden

My family started gardening when we moved from big city to our new house.Everybody who saw the land said that we wouldn't last here more than 2 years, but still 20 years later we manage to grow our own vegetables and fruits every year.
This is last years photo...I think it's pretty clear now why this blog is called rolling down my garden... basically anything you place on top of the garden ends in orchard if you are not careful :)
You can imagine that this downhill adventure took some victims over the years(my dads back, my mums knees) but we are still love it.


Our orchard is...well you can say big enough for a 3-member family. We have apples, plums, peaches, cherries, sour cherries, pears and a big walnut tree.




There is a part of our garden where there is nothing :) Nothing wants to grow here because of the big big forest that blocks sunlight whole day :(
We use this part to grow grass for our bunnies :)





We have only a few of them to give us their little black balls(rabbit manure) for the garden :)



2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful place you live in! It reminds me of my grandparent's farm when I was growing up. I can see the weeks and months of labor that it took to get it all established to what it is now. That makes it even more beautiful. The orchards and garden didn't just pop in there by themselves. It was a labor of love. Very nice place you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm so glad you like it. It still doesn't look as we wanted to but we are getting there ;)

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is appreciated ♥ Thank you ♥